Friday, February 10, 2012

Hunt Week 2012 Part One...

Hunt weeeeeeek! With the NFH first. 5 minutes late to the meet, but no problem. Ensconced myself at a good seeing spot,

Into covert...




Love to see hounds vanish at a draw!


They struck, the coyote doubled back and I saw a lovely wide wing across the field. You won't though, I as usual did not get the camera unlimbered in time.

Hounds ran and ran, of course I was mystified being, well, me. But I took a chance and drove in to where I thought they might come. Clearly wrong, since I wa all alone. But I waited, waited, waited- and here they came, south toward me through this swampy covert. Unfortunately...



this hind came out. But hounds were some distance away so maybe they were right...



Um, nope. Grr.


These hounds are pretty responsive though, so they were brought back into hand and on to the next draw.



Which was, alas, blank. Oh, someone call



I. C. E.!

No comments: