Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A brave and clever English lady...

So this young lady carried an Israeli flag around Oxford to see what happened.

  • "“If Galileo gave in, why shouldn't I?” Sharansky thought.

    No. It was precisely because of Galileo that Sharansky did not give in. Because of Galileo, the world stayed in the state of having bad science for a lot longer than needed. Because of Galileo, people in similar situations ever since have thought “If he gave in, why shouldn't I?” Sharansky did not want people to think the same thing with him. In the end, after his years of imprisonment and mistreatment, Sharansky was freed. He had not once given in.

    I don't want to be like Galileo. I want people to think, “If Lulie stood up for what she believes in, so should I!”, just as Sharansky did."


  • Hurrah for Lulie. Not because it's an Israeli flag, but for putting the principle into practice.

    Maybe next she'll try an American flag, or a Turkish one.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i am surprised she wasn't expelled...

    but then i am assuming she went to the school...

    K T Cat said...

    Cool post. I hadn't heard this.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and expressing your thoughts. You're welcome over there any time.