Friday, March 23, 2007

I am stolen from...

I hired well reccommended roofers to repair my roof. I was clear and direct about how the work was to be done, the roofer boss repeated the job details to me.

I came home unexpectedly, to find the job being short cut. I remonstrated, and the roofer boss was surly but ended up doing the job right.

When I came home the next day to pay him and his crew off. I noticed that my recently filled 5 gallon gasoline can was not in its correct place on the porch. After I paid him, he drove away in his shiny new looking pickup truck. And when he had cleared the driveway, I saw the gasoline can sitting beside where the truck had been parked.

Yes, only about a half gallon left. He'd obviouslt poured 4 1/2 gallons into his truck.

Although the can says gasoline, I had just filled it with DIESEL FUEL.

I love it when the crime choice process fails dramatically.

4 comments:

Martyn Kinsella-Jones said...

Justice has a strange way of making its presence felt. Like when his pickup grinds to a halt and needs an engine rebuild.

One shouldn't laugh, but on this occasion a few righteous chuckles are called for.

Anonymous said...

Good for you standing your ground -

I hope his engine seizes and is destroyed.

staghounds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BigDog said...

Could have been a diesel pickup. Hard to tell by sound these days. The roofers are clearly a criminal enterprise, people need to be warned.