Monday, November 29, 2010

Another Two Hound Day…

Another Two Hound Day…

And with Romance still among the pack.

At one point the whipper-in was rating a hound, and said (I thought) “Back to him, Climax!”

I said, “We have a Climax, too.”

“No, that’s (some other name). We don’t have a Climax.”

“You have Darling, Romance, and Passion, but no Climax? Then you are doing it wrong.”

Clear skies with rain.




I attached myself to someone I suspected belonged among my keen hunter hall of fame:


and I wasn’t disappointed.

First on a jungly hill- it’s late November in England, and look at the foliage!






In a good spot, she came down the ravine above us, then back up, and bang.

Then up again we went, this time in exactly the right spot:








Around behind us, and bang.




A redraw up the ridge, and back she came toward the same spot!

Meanwhile, from another corner of the wood:







She didn’t look hunted hunted to me, so I didn’t holloa. And in fact she wasn’t, but they lost her, and came back to that one.

Round and round in the woods below- she came almost right upto us but turned back and eventually got away.

Then up onto the moors, where we saw very little.




The rains came down, and home.

No comments: