Thursday, October 11, 2007

National Enquirer versus the New York TIMES...

So the Enquirer has alleged that the Breck Girl is carrying on. I don't know, but I will say this.

If I had to bet on the accuracy of a NE story over a MSM one, the NE would get the wager.

In my own experience, when I have been personally involved in stories reported by them, the NYT, WaPo, or network's story will contain a mistake- ranging from significant errors to easily fact checked things like names and dates- about half the time.

On those occasions when I have been personally involved in NE reported stories, they have been dead right in every detail. Often their stories are exactly the sort of thing that will cost them millions if they are wrong. They don’t often get sued.

Handling dynamite makes one careful.

No comments: