Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A simple question for the candidates...

I often think about asking candidates questions. Here's one for every D, and plenty of Rs as well:

"Over the past few months, the dollar cost of gasoline has increased substantially. You have called this a bad thing, a crisis, and have demanded that government do things to keep

GAS PRICES DOWN.

Over the same few months, the dollar cost of a house in some places has decreased substantially. You have called this a bad thing, a crisis, and have demanded that government do things to keep

HOUSE PRICES UP.

I'm renting, and I'd like to buy. Why do you think I should pay more for my house?

I work in a gas station. Why do you think I should not get as much for my product as people are willing to pay?"

No one complained when house or copper "prices doubled". Why is that?

1 comment:

sng said...

But are the Americans that work at the gas stations really the ones getting the benefit of the price hike at the pump?

I think it is the ones selling the barrels of oil that are getting the benefit. Gas stations make most of their profits in the products they sell inside the store.

Though both electricity and gasoline are becoming too dear as salaries do not rise to meet the growing expenses of living.

Though one good thing about rising gas costs is that it is making more people walk and ride bicycles which in turns helps diminish the widespread obesity we all see in our states. Maybe with the decrease of type 2 diabetes and heart disease I won't have to pay so much in taxes to take care of people who make themselves sick and can give it to those who have no choice in the way their body works or doesn't.

But then, that would be me using my individual judgment and deciding where to spend my money, and the Democrats don't like that idea.