Friday, June 20, 2008

Snarky fashion shop reviewer Cintra Wilson, courtesy of Ann Coulter...

Who would think that Ann Coulter would tell me about an hilarious boulevardier lefty like Cintra Wilson?

Her regular job seems to be reviewing clothing stores for the New York Times. Not the ones at the mall, but Prada and Louboutin:

The Pigalle is not for wearing, but it is the most eloquent visual argument against capitalism since the 19th-century cotton mill.

Back when I was working, I often went into high end stores in the city. It was fun and free amusement, good for her figuring out how to make a buck off it.

Who would have thought that a woman named after an embarrassing nineteenth century treaty would make me laugh?

Bonus giant dismembered lobster exoskeleton picture!



Uh oh, I'll bet I'm Google #1 for dismembered lobster exoskeleton...

4 comments:

Miss Carnivorous said...

my ex, the taxidermist, was asked by the owner of a Japanese restaurant to preserve a giant lobster thay had purchased. They wanted to display it at the restaurant. The lobster was gynormous and my ex and the Japanese guys thought it was about 30 years old. The japs wanted the lobster preserved in its greenish blackish, uncooked looking state. My ex had the gift of persuasion and managed to convince them that "the ladies" might be repulsed by it and that it should look red and cooked. We killed it, carefully disected it so that it could be put back together on a plaque, and ate it. It served 5 people, one dog and 2 cats with meat to spare.

staghounds said...

Now that is a cool story. The owners were artistically right though, sensible people would have preferred to see him in his sea floor state.

When I was little and we lived on Eleuthera, the rocky beach and reefs near the house were full of lobsters- huge ones, tails as thick as my father's arm. All I had to do was go out and spear one, then bring it in and cook it over a fire on the beach.

Good times, I still get a craving for the lob when I travel, for some reason.

Miss Carnivorous said...

That sounds yummy and you are correct that the lobster would have looked better green and black. The problem was how to get all the meat, out so it did not stink, without cooking it. That would have been difficult. I know because I have killed a lot of seashells.

Tam said...

When I was fresh out of high school, I briefly worked in the seafood department at a grocery store.

At least once a week a customer would request a lobster be steamed while she shopped so she could pick it up before leaving, and then failed to come fetch her crustacean.

Oh how I looked forward to those nights...

(PS: That was also the job where I learned, much to my chagrin, that it's indeed possible to become sick and tired of steamed shrimp.)