Sunday, June 08, 2008

Turkish Prosecutor and Court are heroes!







Abdurrahman Yalçınkaya's name should be a household word.

For those of my reader who doesn't know, the Turkish Constitutional Court just found that allowing women to wear a head scarf on State University Property is unconstitutionally inconsistent with the secular state, and the APK is under indictment.

Plenty of people safe in the West think, or pretend to think, that this is an issue of religious freedom. It's not, dress means something .

The hijab is a tool of oppression and intimidation, because it marks and separates those who submit to the religion and those who don't.

"So, Mumtaz, where is your hijab today?"

"I don't know who she is, but we'd better not be seen talking to her. My brothers would kick my ass."

"Mrs. Ercek gave me a C because I wear hijab. That's why Faizulla got an A.

"I know your parents back in the village, do they know that you are not wearing hijab?"

"Godless whore."

Then again, some people understand just fine.

Being free is more important than sucking up to the okiphobic EU bureaucrats.


No comments: