Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I'm back now, hunting reflections first of course....

Back after my last minute hunting trip for the "end" of legal hunting and the beginning of what's next- "illegal", "protest", "legal", or "new" hunting.

The last day with the D&S was amazing- at the end, the foxhounds ran into us and there was a tremendous jam up. And we closed down the White Horse, staying up until midnight and blowing the horn. (That's what the Americans heard- us down in the bar. )

Then the Saturday, what an experience. I particularly enjoyed the reaction to the police officer in the crowd, applause and cheers. We don't forget that the police, and we, are the good guys.

Despite my Rosa Parks outlook, I believe that we are doing the right thing for now, just keeping on "within the law". The time to stand up and get arrested is not yet.

And I still think someone should try going out with a full pack, but muzzled.

1 comment:

Bill Sticker said...

Biding ones time while 'Steering to the windy side of the law' seems a sensible policy. With a bit of luck and left wing voter apathy we can get rid of Blair & Co and mayhap this damn silly anti hunting law will be repealed.